Leah is taken with beads. At first, the beads were for necklaces. She proudly wore her wares when we went out to run errands. She made them for everyone, and my bead necklace was a special combination of hearts, dolphins, Model-T fords, and letters from the alphabet. But as with everything in the two-year old world of imagninations, the beads are now cakes or doggies. She fills every container imaginable with the $15 worth of beads that I purchased from Hobby Lobby. I love to see her abstract way of imagining new purposes for her toys. I say that a bead is a bead, but "No, Mommy. It's a beagle. It's a retriever."
She says the cutest "adult slang" lately. "Cool, mommy. Really cool."
Andy and Jessy spent time with us this weekend, and Leah was particularly taken with Andy. Her GrandNana thinks that she has a "preference" for men. I am not sure about that. I think that she has a preference for goofy, goofy adults who are not afraid to get down on the floor and act silly with her.
Annie is pulling up on everything. Her legs never stop moving. If you pick her up, her legs move back and forth and wiggle and squirm. She is ITCHING to get a move on. She is sort of crawling---very slowly. Her favorite recreation is standing up in her crib. She also enjoys bouncing a good deal. I think that she might be a dancer. Still one tooth. Still 50 smiles a minute. I adore babies. The baby phase is so fun.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home