thedawsons
These days are a blur. Annie is a busy bee. She is almost walking--please say it isn't so. She is so fast on the crawl. She is crawling up the stairs, and we now have gates on both the top and bottom. She is still 1000 smiles a day with her gorgeous blue eyes and eyelashes that practically sweep the floor. She likes the swimming pool and her little turtle float more and more. She's still our sensitive little Annie.
Peter began a new job within the company last week. He thinks he'll like it. I hope so. He is busy with school and work, sweet man that he is.
And me. Oh my. I have found the summer refreshing. Reading some pages of a good book when I can. Maybe I have succeeded in reading 20 pages (cumulative) of 16 books over the past month. Catching a workout here and there. Trying to be a more balanced person. I don't know what it looks like to "be a more balanced person" when I have two small children. And I know some day I want to throw a third child into the mix. No day soon. But some day. And I wonder if all of "me" will hibernate for the next 10-20 years. Will there be a "me" to come out of the cave of childrearing when it's time. Unfortunately, unlike the grizzly bears, I will come out of the cave fatter and more grizzly--I assume. But I still look during these years for that magic elixir of happiness. And I know deep down that it is not external to me--not in the material sense anyway. But still I feel that these precious blonde angels eclipse all of me most of the time. So maybe that's why I am blogging.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home